Besides talking about his journey building the digital health chronic pain management company WellBrain, the serial entrepreneur/CEO Sumeet also shares the following gems:
- How they infuse concepts used in the gaming industry into this mindfulness platform
- How the platform leverages the human psychology of aversion to loss
- How they intelligently evolve from a point solution to a platform, making it more attractive and building a moat around it at the same time
- How they benefit from Congress and CDC mandates
- Participating in MIT Solve and being 1 of 50 companies (out of 1300) that presented to the WHO and foreign government leaders at the UN regarding the opioid epidemic and available solutions.
- His tips on how to deal with long sales cycles and stretch his marketing dollars
- Their hybrid approach to pay for certain tradeshows and speak at others (in exchange for a free booth) to gain exposure and build trust
- His fundraising advice to 1st time founders
- The importance of your personal brand
- How his 2-books-a-month reading commitment empowers him
- Book recommendation: The Lean Startup
- “Validate with Your Customer”!
To get more nuggets of wisdom, listen to the full podcast.
Visit them at: http://www.wellbrain.io